L.R. Prescott, a tin shop worker from Logansport, Indiana, migrated with his family to Southern California in 1927. In 1928, he founded Prescott Sheet Metal Works at the corner of present day Pioneer Blvd and Artesia Blvd, basing his business philosophy on supplying great customer service along with quality merchandise at reasonable prices. They supplied many of the local dairies with custom-made sheet metal products such as: milk tanks, sinks, buckets, milk coolers and sterilizers. 4 years later, hardware supplies used in the dairy industry (such as: boots, gloves, etc) were introduced and Prescott Hardware and Sheet Metal Works was born. In the 50s, after having returned from WWII, L.R. Prescott’s son, Don, took charge of the thriving business. Prescott Hardware and Sheet Metal moved soon after in ‘62 to our current location at 11840 Artesia Blvd. The new building featured more floor space for work in the sheet metal shop and for the displaying of merchandise in the hardware. In 2000, the third generation, Steve Prescott and Janice Golden, took charge of the family’s business and continue to this day to implement the goals and values that L.R. Prescott envisioned from the start.